Sanitation Station is seeking a talented, results oriented project engineer with a background in hardware design and development to join our team. This individual would report directly to the Director of Product and Engineering and oversee and manage all engineering efforts and collaboration between our Canadian and European teams.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the development of our entire product line by coordinating and collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders to understand requirements, schedules, budgets and performance for the assigned products.
In this role you will act as the engineering conduit between our various internal and external teams. You will be responsible for ensuring that the high level business requirements are effectively translated into engineering requirements and that those deliverables are executed on a reasonable timeline.
- Translate high level product requirements into engineering deliverables;
- Create project plans and oversee and be accountable for development and delivery of all engineering requirements;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders from the design, marketing and manufacturing teams;
- Initiate, prepare, and issue all required design documentation;
- Provide advice and/or direction to Design Leads review designs and sign Field Initiated Changes;
- Prepare design, calculations, design bills of material and address design related field issues;
- Understand impacts on cost and schedule, and provide support to minimize impacts driving projects;
- Maintaining written documented processes and procedures to reflect improved operating methods and additions to all supported systems;
- Work collaboratively with vendors to accept vendor designs and changes;
- Understand compliance requirements and translate into product specifications;
- Gather input from stakeholder departments and agencies to ensure project requirements are captured and detailed in the project documents;
- Maintain process compliance during project execution.
The ideal candidate would hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Applied Science in Mechanical and Electrical I&C. With that said, we always prioritize real world experience and ability to do the job over specific education.
- 5 + years design experience, ideally in the consumer electronics industry;
- Experience working with contract prototyping and manufacturing firms to bring consumer electronics to market;
- Ability to understand and manage the interrelationships of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives, ensure projects satisfy stakeholder requirements and project progress and challenges are communicated effectively;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and must be comfortable leading meetings and giving presentations;
- Have a strong interest in fast-paced, challenging work environment where showing initiative and self motivation are assets;
- Candidate must be motivated to use technology, online platforms for task such as project management and the definition of project deliverables;
- The ideal candidate would be bilingual in English and Ukrainian/Russian.